Move over meat and cheese because veggie boards are healthy, impressive and easy-to-make for your next party!
Vegetarian Charcuterie Board
I love charcuterie boards and the idea of sitting around with family and friends and nibbling while chatting. When you want a healthier board, these veggie boards are the perfect snack for get-togethers. Much of what goes onto the board can be prepped ahead of time, so all you need to do is assemble the board and bring it to your guests.
You can mix and match to create the perfect board. Use my suggestions below or go with whatever is seasonal and fresh. There are no right or wrong ways to build an amazing vegetable charcuterie board!
This is not your usual veggie platter. In my mom’s day, she’d put out a plate with carrot sticks, olives, celery, and some ranch dressing. This dressed-up version is modernized with so much more to tempt you!
What’s a vegetable charcuterie board
A traditional charcuterie board features cured meats, cheeses, and garnishes. You’ll find everything from simple cheddar and sliced deli ham to gourmet Italian prosciutto and imported cheeses. Garnishes can include everything from fancy mustards and pickles to sauces. With a Vegetable Charcuterie board, the concept is the same – a selection of tempting finger foods – but the selection is different!
Vegetable Charcuterie Board
Instead of focusing on meats and cheeses, all the attention is on veggies! This fancy crudites platter features radicchio, radishes, grape tomatoes, small carrots with pretty stems still on them, green beans, cocktail cucumbers, and more!
Why I love a vegetable charcuterie board
- Grazing boards like this are perfect for sharing.
- You can gather the ingredients ahead of time and then just assemble the board before serving.
- They’re beautiful to look at and delicious to eat!
- They’re healthy and low in calories.
Gather these ingredients
- Radishes, such as watermelon radishes
- Cherry tomatoes – Or grape tomatoes.
- Carrots – Skinny baby carrots with the stems still on them
- Mini cucumbers – Or English cucumber thinly sliced
- Mini bell peppers
- Snap peas
- Your favorite dips – Great choices include spinach dip, hummus, salsa, or even whipped feta dip.
How to make a vegetable charcuterie board
- Place a bowl of dip off to one side on a large board. I like using this Big Board from the Reluctant Entertainer so there’s room for lots of goodies!
- Layer leaves of radicchio around the platter, then fill in the spaces with the vegetables.
- Add dips and any other goodies you might want to the board, then serve!
Tips to make the best vegetable charcuterie platter
- Use what’s in season and look for vibrant, rich colors.
- Serve baguette slices, or pita wedges or chips on the side for those who want something a bit more substantial.
- Include at least 4 different kinds of veggies.
- Include a dip – or if your platter is really big, 3 dips.
- If you wish, you can blanch the veggies first by dunking them in boiling water for 1 minute and then chill them in ice water to make them more vibrant.
- Don’t cut the veggies more than 2 hours ahead of time to keep them fresh and crisp.
- Be creative, and don’t be afraid to put it on the board!
- Try pickled green beans, pickled asparagus, pickled beets, or pickled onions.
- Add your favorite cheese.
You can serve your veggie charcuterie board just like it is! I love having a table set up with sangria or Bellini’s, and I’ll often also put out some desserts like Lemon Poke Cake.
Wrap up any leftover veggies and other nibbles and store them in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Check out these awesome board recipes:
- Radicchio, leaves
- Watermelon radishes, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes
- Carrot sticks, baby carrots with the stems still on them.
- Green beans
- Mini cucumbers, sliced
- Mini bell peppers
- Snap peas
- Broccoli Florets
- Cauliflower florets, the more colorful the better!
- baguette slices, or pita wedges for serving
- Dried Nuts such as pistachios or Marcona almonds
- Your favorite dips – Great choices include:, hummus, spinach dip, salsa, or whipped feta dip
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.