Sometimes being plant-based and gluten-free can be a struggle. So, here are ten recipes that are both gluten-free and plant-based from August! They taste as great as they look.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Gluten-Free Plant-Based Recipe Archives!
1. Avocado Grapefruit Jicama Salad
Source: Avocado Grapefruit Jicama Salad
This fabulous Avocado Grapefruit Jicama Salad by Viktoria Radichkova combines the freshest most delicate flavors in one bowl – crunchy jicama, crisp and cool cucumbers, bitter-sweet grapefruit, and creamy avocado, with fresh lime juice and lots of cilantro.
2. Pina Colada Mocktail
Source: Pina Colada Mocktail
This Pina Colada Mocktail by Carol Clayton is a refreshing drink the whole family will love. Made rich and sweet with coconut cream and frozen pineapple, it’s decadent enough for special occasions but healthy enough for breakfast!
Get the Summer Cookbook!
3. Frozen Yogurt Berry Bark
Source: Frozen Yogurt Berry Bark
This is one of the easiest recipes ever with only 4 ingredients! Plus, it is so yummy! This Frozen Yogurt Berry Bark by Mitra Shirmohammadi is a perfect recipe for when you want something cold to eat, but don’t want to go through the trouble of using many ingredients.
4. Spanish Omelette
Source: Spanish Omelette
Chickpea flour and black salt come together to make the perfect egg replacement. This Spanish Omelette by Mitch and Justine Chapman will be your new breakfast obsession. Enjoy it served warm or chilled!
5. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge
Source: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge
This Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge by Kat Condon couldn’t be closer to chocolate chip cookies – it’s just raw, eggless cookie dough. If you’re serious about chocolate chip cookies but want to spice it up a bit, try this chocolate chip cookie dough fudge and you will not be disappointed.
6. Fresh Cucumber and Mango Salsa
Source: Fresh Cucumber and Mango Salsa
Want a fresh salsa that tastes like summer in a bowl? Well, here you have it! This Fresh Cucumber and Mango Salsa by Sarah Ottino is fast to put together and adds a huge burst of flavor to your tacos, rice bowls, or tortilla chips.
7. Zesty Tomato and Pomegranate Salad with Za’atar
Source: Zesty Tomato and Pomegranate Salad with Za’atar
This Zesty Tomato and Pomegranate Salad with Za’atar by Denise Perrault is a super fresh and zesty tomato and pomegranate salad with fresh herbs, and the unique flavor of Za’atar delivers a big punch of sweet, sour, and crunch.
8. Macadamia Cashew Butter
Source: Macadamia Cashew Butter
This might be the best nut butter you have ever tasted. It has a rich, slightly sweet flavor that will delight your taste buds. Add this Macadamia Cashew Butter by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler to your smoothies, serve with fresh fruit, or eat it straight from the jar!
9. Three Bean Sweet Potato Chili
Source: Three Bean Sweet Potato Chili
This smoky, spicy chili has just a hint of sweetness thanks to the sweet potatoes. With three different varieties of beans, it’s hearty and filling — the perfect meal for cold weather. This Three Bean Sweet Potato Chili by Aurora Steen goes great with crunchy tortilla chips or cool and creamy guacamole!
10. Raspberry Cream Filled Chocolates
Source: Raspberry Cream Filled Chocolates
The filling for these confections is made with raw cashews, lemon, vanilla, coconut, and brown rice malt syrup. It gets its bright pink color and slightly tart flavor from fresh raspberries. Making them is a bit of a process, but don’t let the multiple steps scare you off, as they’re worth it. You can store these Raspberry Cream Filled Chocolates by Nissrine Boufawaz in the freezer and have them as a frozen treat, or leave them in the fridge and enjoy them like a chocolate-covered cream. But don’t leave them at room temperature.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!