Visit the Federal Way Farmers Market from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday through October to pick up the local ingredients needed for this week’s recipe. The farmers market is located behind The Commons mall along South 324th Street in Federal Way.
By Vickie Chynoweth
2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup honey (Novo Bees LLC)
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (Ancient Trees Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1 large egg
1 cup oat milk
1 cob corn (Sidhu Farms)
1 tsp finely minced jalapeno (J & E Farms)
1/4 cup mini red sweet pepper (J & E Farms)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray 8 x 8 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Put oatmeal in a food processor. Blend until oatmeal is in flour consistency, about 30 seconds.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients; oat flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Stir until well blended.
5. Remove husk and corn from cob, 1 cup of corn kernels. Finely chop jalapeno. Add more according to your taste. One teaspoon of jalapeno is mild. Coarsely chop 1 mini red sweet pepper.
6. Add milk, olive oil, honey, and egg to dry mixture. Stir until well blended. Stir in corn and peppers.
7. Pour into the prepared pan and bake 25 – 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting.